As an Amazon seller, it’s essential to keep up with the latest news in ecommerce. With Ecommerce News Roundup, it’s easy to stay updated with everything that matters to your business. Let’s recap the major upcoming changes on Amazon for November 2021.
I. Introducing multi-marketplace campaign creation: The seamless way to create campaigns in multiple countries
You can now create and copy Sponsored Products auto-targeted campaigns for other countries without spending additional time setting up and translating individual campaigns for each country where you want to advertise.
Key features of multi-marketplace campaign creation:
- Transfers all campaign settings, like targeting, placements, and ad groups, to the target country.
- Converts budgets and bids to the currency of the target country.
- Copies only products that are available in the target country to the new campaign.
Multi-marketplace campaign creation is available for Auto-Targeted Sponsored Products Campaigns in the following countries:
Creating campaigns in all countries where you sell is now easier than ever with these new features. You can copy high-performing campaigns from one country to another. Alternatively, you can create a new campaign in one country and launch it in one or more countries with one click. You can use these new features to save time and effort when you create campaigns.
For more information, go to Multi-Marketplace campaign creation.
II. Seller Code of Conduct: updates about Selling Policies
Effective November 26, 2021, the Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct has been updated to include price fixing prohibition and search rank manipulation.
The Amazon Seller Code of Conduct requires acting fairly, and prohibits any form of conduct that violates price fixing laws, or engages in the manipulation of sales rank. Amazon encourages coupons, discounts, deals, and other tools to lower prices for customers and drive incremental sales. However, consider it as a violation of the Amazon Seller Code of Conduct to attempt influencing the search results by inflating search ranking through keyword manipulation or incentivizing customers’ searches to appear as organic behavior.
Sellers must keep in mind, that they are responsible for the actions taken by their account, even those handled through third-party service providers. Sellers who may not have understood this policy previously should end these practices immediately, as they are in violation of the Amazon Seller Code of Conduct.
You can check this page if you want to know more about this policy on the Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct.
III. Brand Referral Bonus Program
Thousands of brands are already taking advantage of the new Brand Referral Bonus Program, with some earning thousands of dollars in bonuses in a single month.
Brands which direct traffic from their off-Amazon marketing campaigns to their Amazon listings can earn a bonus averaging 10% of product sales on promoted products and any products of their brand that the customer purchases in the following two weeks. The bonus is provided as a credit to their seller referral fees.
Enroll in the Brand Referral Bonus program today.
IV. Launching CSBA Rewards: Amazon’s world-class customer service network (for eligible sellers)
Customer Service by Amazon (CSBA) is a paid program that allows you to leverage Amazon’s customer service network to manage customer inquiries on your self-fulfilled orders.
With CSBA rewards, Amazon is offering CSBA service for free or at discounted rates to sellers who meet the following requirements:
- Ensure customers know where their packages are by offering valid tracking information and maintain a Valid Tracking Rate (VTR) of 95% or higher
- Streamline the customer returns process through Amazon Prepaid Return Label (APRL) program and maintain APRL rate of 95% or higher
If you are eligible and maintain Contact Per Unit (CPU) of less than or equal to 5%, you will receive free CSBA service each month. In case you have CPU higher than 5%, you will still benefit through fee rates discount ranging from 15% to 50% depending on your CPU tier.
To learn more, visit Customer Service by Amazon Fees
Finally, FBM seller can get Free Amazon Customer Service if they maintain these requirements:
- Ensure customers know where their packages are by offering valid tracking information and maintain a Valid Tracking Rate (VTR) of 95% or higher.
- Streamline the customer returns process through Amazon Prepaid Return Label (APRL) program and maintain APRL rate of 95% or higher.
- Ensure a great customer service by maintaining Contacts per Unit (CPU) of 5% or lower.
Your Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or Seller-Fulfilled Prime (SFP) units will not be charged as part of CSBA.
V. Update to Amazon US referral and FBA fees, starting January 18, 2022
Brand Referral Bonus helps you make your marketing dollars go further, as well as Search Analytics Dashboard and Product Opportunity Explorer, which offer insights on search performance and suggests new products to sell in Amazon’s store.
FBA New Selection program will increase the benefits and will help sellers kick start early sales with the New Seller Starter Pack, a new program that will launch in Q1 2022.
Due to the pandemic and its consequences Amazon will adjust FBA fulfillment fees to partially offset the higher permanent operating costs.
If you want to know more details about all fee changes, go to amazon.com/selling-fee-changes.
VI. Compliance Reference
The new Compliance Reference tool is designed to help you navigate through your compliance obligations and stay up-to-date on changing requirements.
This new tool offers:
- Pre-listing, self-service tools designed to help you navigate through product compliance, import and export trade compliance, and dangerous goods compliance.
- Searchability by keyword designed to help you find compliance requirements that are relevant to your product.
- Access to a list of service providers in your area who can help you meet compliance requirements.
For more information, go to the Compliance Reference Help page.