The Internet on mobile has changed the way consumers perceive brands as well as purchase goods today. More and more buyers would utilize the online social platform to know more about a brand or product. This is why social commerce and social network advertising have played major roles in promoting businesses and they are now the most talked-about practices, where consumers can make purchases directly on a social media page of a brand or retailer.
Amazon sellers always try to find the best marketing tactics to drive traffic to generate sales, improve ranking, and enable them to build a lasting brand. You drive internal traffic via Amazon PPC and external traffic via Facebook ads or Google AdWords.
Since the success of promoting brands and products on social media has caught Amazon’s attention, they have introduced a feature called Amazon Posts, which is a tool that sellers can create curated photos to showcase their products to inspire shoppers with your brand’s story.
Amazon Posts (Beta)
“Amazon Posts is a new browse and discovery experience on Amazon focused on brand-shopping.” “Posts help shoppers discover new products and see what’s new from brands by browsing feeds of brand-curated content.”
The function of Amazon Posts is similar to social media feed, and its carousel ad format that combines multiple images and texts into a single ad. When tapping on a post, it takes shoppers into a feed. “Posts are located on brand’s own detail pages, the detail pages of related brands, related posts feeds, and category-based feeds.”
Why should you sign up for Amazon Posts?
If you already have experienced establishing pages about your brand on a social network site, setting up Amazon Posts will be a piece of cake for you since the process of setting it up is like what you’re doing on Facebook or Instagram.
Unique content can draw attention to your products and help you stand out. You can post creative and useful product-focus content which can be a marketing stimulus to persuade shoppers to buy from you on Amazon.
You can measure the effectiveness of your content based on user engagement metrics such as views, clicks, and clickthrough rates.
Best of all, Amazon Posts is currently free to participate in.
How to get started?
Amazon Posts beta is currently available only to vendors or sellers who have enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry with a US Amazon Store. If you meet the above criteria, you can participate in Amazon Posts beta by following the steps below:
- Visit posts.amazon.com and sign-in using your advertising console credentials
- Create your profile by verifying your brand name and uploading your brand’s logo
- Start creating posts by uploading images, writing captions, and tagging related products
How to create a successful Amazon Posts?
It takes a lot of time and effort to build a successful social media presence. But here on Amazon, the shoppable posts are more likely to turn leads into sales in an instant.
Here are some essentials and actionable tips you need to know to nail your Amazon Posts:
- Posting several times a day – The more frequently you post, the more people you reach.
- Repurpose content across different social media channels – You can reuse the posts that you already used for Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channels to save time on creating posts multiple times a day.
- Use high-quality and appealing images – Keep posting creative and compelling content to increase engagement. Good visual content is a must.
- Provoke interest with your caption – The caption text for a post can include up to 2,200 characters, and only the first two lines of the caption will be displayed by default. A post with an image can be accompanied by a strong caption to entice readers into reading the rest of your text.
- Measure the performance – Keep experimenting with small changes to improve performance by checking your Amazon Posts metrics. Once you find your best performing posts, you can follow this success template to keep up the good work.
You can learn detailed information about Amazon Posts here.